Friday, November 11, 2011

Two-Faced

Revamped




A complete revamp on one of my earlier designs, this necklace proudly displays it's new face.  The original earthy design was inspired by the woods.  I wanted the necklace to be a reflection of it's beauty.  I purchased the pendant from a local retail store.  The colors aided in the selection of the beads.
Upon returning home, I immediately started to arrange the beads into a pattern.  I changed this pattern several times until they complemented the pendant in the best possible way.  This necklace was then placed along my other designs before moving onto my next creation.
My parents came for a weekend visit later that month.  It is always a pleasure having them stop by especially since we moved and no longer see them as often as we would like.  During our visit, my Mom wanted to see my newest designs.  She smiled as she picked through each one.  She held up the wood necklace and made a face.  Disappointed, I had to ask what it was about this design that she did not like. She began to tell me how she loved the pendant but not the beads selected.    The necklace was dull and needed something more in her eyes.  
I pulled out my box of beads, my tools, and my bead board.  I decided to break my design back down to its basic parts.  My Mom was going through my beads as I was putting the pieces of my necklace away.  She pointed out all the beads she thought were pretty and I began to pull samples of each.  
As I examined the display of beads before me, I became inspired.  I grabbed out the pendant  placing it in the center of my bead board.  Then I began to play.  This time, the beads danced together to a perfect rhythm.  I flipped the board around so my Mom could see the new design.  She smiled and said, "It looks great!"  Faster than lightning, I restrung my design.
This necklace is no longer a dull piece to be overlooked.  Now it is a colorful, interesting creation.  Retaining the earthy theme, the design gains a new quality; the shine from the sun.


Original Design




I am on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lilly-Rose-Jewelry-Designs/171869306163213
 And I am on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/LillyRoseJD
Buy Lilly Rose Jewelry @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/LillyRoseJD
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
Don't hesitate to leave a comment or question. 








No comments:

Post a Comment